Friday, September 11, 2009

A Lost Old Man On Campus

Today I was out there in campus center for our lunch. As we were having lunch, I could see an old man wondering here and there. Asking few people about directions and then going away and coming back to the same place again in cycle and asking again to another person he could find there.
After few cycles, he approached me and asked how to go to the other side of the campus center. The other side was shielded by glass. One can see the other side but can not really go through it. The way was little curved than usual. I told him the way I used to access the other side. He followed my advise. Surprise! The door was locked. I felt bad as I was watching him doing it. May be thats why he was not very happy after getting the direction from me. But however, I had pushed him to.
Anyways, as he was returning, a kind lady realized the situation and told him the new way to the other side. At least, he could now be on the other side.
To my second surprise, he just came back with the same sign of frustration.
Well, we had finished our launch and outta there!



After launch I went to the library. As I was heading back to my department, I saw the same old man on the way. Asking the question same way pointing his finger to the campus center. Well, in the bright light of sun, I could see that he had his glasses fixed with the duct tape, a ring of key hanging and pant hanging with suspeders on to his body.
I had determined that if he asks me again, I would go into details of what and where he wanted to go. And take him to the destination. I do not like the situation where people are just lost with out sense of how to get our of it.

He asked everyone but me. I thought it would be overwhelming to go and ask by myself.
Sorry, I could not be of any help.

No comments:

Post a Comment